Losing weight is the #1 New Year’s Resolution and according to Forbes, only 8% actually achieve those Resolutions
If losing weight is your goal for the new year, here are the 5 Reasons Most Fail, and what to do differently to insure YOU are not part of that 8%.
5 Reasons Most Fail at New Year’s Resolutions
1. No Realistic Goals – losing 10 lbs in a week is NOT realistic, nor healthy, nor geared towards lasting success! And when we set goals too high, we are disappointed when we fail which un-motivates us. Instead, create goals that are feasible and manageable, like losing 2lbs. per week or dropping a dress size in 30 days.
2. No Specific Goals – “losing weight” or “getting fit” is too vague. Instead, create a crystal clear vision of how you want to look and feel when you reach your goal. Go deeper and imagine where you would be, who you would be with, what you would be doing, how you would be feeling. This image is one that you hold close and conjure up when you need some extra motivation throughout the weight loss journey.
3. No Plan – You cannot lose weight if you have no specific plan or are doing some of a plan, some of the time. Instead, you need to find a weight loss plan that is filled with foods that keep you happy and satiated while consistently produces weight loss results.
4. No Tracking or Accountability – No documentation of your journey =no clear analysis of your progress.Instead, track your journey to have a clear view and honest analysis of your progress. Food and weight can be tracked in a notebook log, on post-its in your medicine cabinet, or in Notes on your phone. Being accountable too will help keep you on track and allow you to feel supported by sharing your challenges with a friend, walking buddy, food coach, trainer, spouse, or a close relative.
5. Being Closed-Minded – If you have been trying to lose weight for more than a year – or if losing weight was LAST year’s resolution – you clearly need to do something differently. Instead, be open and willing to clear the slate of your old ideas of how to lose weight and be ready to try a new, smarter strategy.
Follow these 5 Steps and you will be on your way to a New Year filled with many great meals, big results, and a lot of smiles!
P.S.If you need extra guidance and support, please join my January Coaching Circle, details here.