Zucchini, when cooked and pureed, takes on a silky, creamy consistency all of it’s own.
This wonderful quality makes it unnecessary to add cream or milk or other thickeners, making this a smart and healthy option for a snack or meal.
Creamy Zucchini Soup:
- 8-10 zucchini or green squash, rinsed and sliced in 1/2 inch rounds
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme or 3 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 2 32 oz. cans chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- Spray a big soup pot with non-stick spray.
- Over light heat, saute zucchini, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper for a minute.
- Pour in stock to cover the zucchini and put a lid on pot.
- Simmer over gentle heat until zucchini is soft, approximately 35 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat.
- When soup is no longer piping hot, puree in a blender, food processor, or with an immersion blender.
- Adjust salt and pepper if necessary.